Easy Leftover Turkey Soup Recipe
This easy leftover turkey soup recipe is fast, simple, and healthy. Full of veggies and flavor!
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1/2 medium onion, chopped
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 4 sticks celery, chopped
- 3 large carrots, peeled & sliced
- 1.5 pounds little potatoes, cut into halves
- 4 cups vegetable or chicken broth
- 2 cups water
- 4 dashes Italian seasoning
- 2+ cups cooked turkey meat
- 1/2 cup heavy/whipping cream
- Salt & pepper, to taste
- Heat the olive oil in a large pot on medium-high heat. Add the onion and sauté until it’s lightly browned (5-7 minutes).
- Add the garlic and cook until fragrant (about 30 seconds).
- Add the celery, carrots, little potatoes, veg broth, water, and Italian seasoning. Increase the heat to high and bring to a gentle boil. Reduce heat to medium-low and cover the pot with the lid slightly ajar. Let the soup simmer for 10 minutes.
- Add the turkey meat and allow the soup to simmer for another 10 minutes or so.
- Stir in the cream and season with salt & pepper to taste.
You don’t need to use little potatoes… regular ones are fine as long as the weight is similar.
You could definitely add a lot more turkey if you need to!