Riesling-Peach Glazed Ham
1 fully cooked smoked bone-in half ham 6-8 lb
1 cup Riesling wine
2 sprigs fresh thyme
1 shallot finely chopped
1 18 oz jar peach preserves
1/2 cup packed light brown sugar
1/2 cup stone-ground mustard
Preheat oven to 350 degrees
Line a shallow roasting pan with foil
Place ham on the rack in roasting pan
Put ovenproof meat thermometer in ham so tip is in center of thickest part of meat and does not touch bone
in a 1 quart saucepan, heat wine, thyme sprigs, and shallot to boiling over medium-high heat
Reduce heat and simmer uncovered until the wine is reduced to 1/2 cup
Remove from heat and discard thyme sprigs
Stir in peach preserves, brown sugar, and mustard
Brush half of glaze mixture over ham
Bake uncovered 1 hour 30 minutes, basting with remaining glaze mixture every 30 minutes
Cover loosely with foil
Bake 30 minutes longer or until thermometer reads at least 140 degrees
Let stand 15 minutes before slicing and serving
Brown Sugar Bacon Sweet Potatoes
2 large sweet potatoes, peeled and diced into 1″ cubes
5 strips of bacon, diced
1/4 cup olive oil
1/2 cup brown sugar + more for sprinkling
Preheat oven to 350. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper or tin foil. Peel your sweet potatoes.
In large bowl add your sweet potatoes and olive oil and toss to coat. Add in your bacon and brown sugar and again toss to coat and distribute your bacon.
Lay your ingredients on the baking sheet. Roast in oven for about 30-35 minutes or until sweet potatoes are fork tender.
Remove from oven and transfer to serving bowl, sprinkle with additional brown sugar and enjoy!
Pumpkin Shaped Rolls
12 Rhodes™ Dinner Rolls or 12 Rhodes Texas™ Rolls, thawed but still cold
2 tablespoons butter, melted
12 pecan pieces, for stems
- Shape each dinner or Texas roll into a slightly flat ball.
- Using scissors, make 6 to 8 cuts, equally spaced, around the outside of each ball about 1/2- inch deep.
- Using the handle of a wooden spoon, poke a deep hole into the top of each pumpkin shaped roll.
- Place on a sprayed baking sheet and cover with sprayed plastic wrap. Allow to rise until almost double.
- Remove wrap and re-poke stem hole.
- Bake at 350°F 15-20 minutes or until golden brown. Remove from oven and brush with butter. Insert pecan pieces into pumpkin rolls for stems.