Benefits of Tumeric
Benefits of Tumeric
Proven Health Benefits of Turmeric
Turmeric is the spice that gives curry its yellow color. There are many articles supporting the benefits of turmeric. Recently, science studies have indicated that turmeric does in fact contain compounds with medicinal properties. These compounds are called curcuminoids. The most important of which is curcumin. Curcumin is the main active ingredient in turmeric. It has powerful anti-inflammatory effects and is a very strong antioxidant. The actual curcumin content found in turmeric is not high though. Most of the studies that have been done are using turmeric extracts that contain mostly curcumin itself, with dosages over 1 gram per day. These results would be very difficult to reach using only the turmeric spice in your foods. If you would like to experience the full effects of this herb, you would need to take an extract that contains significant amounts of curcumin. Unfortunately, even if you do take the extract, the curcumin is poorly absorbed into the bloodstream. It helps to consume it with black pepper, which is a natural substance that enhances the absorption of curcumin. Curcumin is also fat soluble, so it would be beneficial to take it with a fatty meal. If you want to buy a turmeric/curcumin supplement, then there is a great selection on Amazon with customer reviews. Studies recommend that you find one with bioperine (another name for piperine), which is the substance that enhances absorption of curcumin. Without this substance, most of the curcumin just passes through your digestive tract.
Below are more health benefits of Turmeric/Curcumin.
1. Turmeric Dramatically Increases The Antioxidant Capacity of The Body
2. Curcumin Boosts Brain-Derived Neurotrophic Factor, Linked to Improved Brain Function and a Lower Risk of Brain Diseases
3. Curcumin Leads to Various Improvements That Should Lower Your Risk of Heart Disease
4. Turmeric Can Help Prevent (And Perhaps Even Treat) Cancer
5. Curcumin May be Useful in Preventing and Treating Alzheimer's Disease
6. Arthritis Patients Respond Very Well to Curcumin Supplementation
7. Studies Show That Curcumin Has Incredible Benefits Against Depression
8. Curcumin May Help Delay Aging and Fight Age-Related Chronic Diseases
For more details on Tumeric and Curcumin.